Tuesday 7 July 2009

Who shut JR???

Well it could be me - the hospital phoned have confirmed today that I should come in tomorrow (Wednesday) night to start treatment the following day (Thursday 9th July); the cord has arrived safely from the US and is being held by the National Blood Service over at the John Radcliffe.

Order of play then:
  • Arrive JR Wednesday night
  • Thursday chemo & heparin starts
  • Saturday chemo finishes
  • Saturday/Sunday - WARD 5E AT THE JR CLOSES AND TRANSFERS TO THE CHURCHILL
  • Monday (13th) - radiotherapy starts, daily for 5 days
  • Friday (17th) - last day of radiotherapy and stem cells (from the US & the surviving French ones) transplanted in

Even though I'm going to be in for 6 weeks at least, I'm packing light so the transfer to The Churchill is less of an ordeal, the bulk of the stuff will come over with the family on Sunday when they visit.

We had a look at the new ward at The Churchill last week when I had my line cleaned - the rooms look pretty good but mobile reception (for me at any rate) looks a bit dodgy...

No comments:

Post a Comment